- Ethanol sensor should be installed to a location free from moving parts and high temperatures. Engine movement may cause rubbing to the fuel hose if installed incorrectly. Installing to hot environment may cause melting of the fuel hose which can lead to slipping or leaking of the fuel hose. Clean the fuel line connection before disconnecting them.
- Fuel hose should be installed as straight as possible. Avoid tight bends. Minimum radius for a bend is 80 mm (3.1 in). Tight bending of a fuel hose may cause breaching and leaking.
- Use quick connectors in installing the ethanol sensor.
- If fuel hose is added during the installation, use fuel hose included in eFlexFuel accessories kit.
- Do not use solvents when installing fuel hose.
- Lubricate the quick connector seals with clean engine oil before installation.